View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #381
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Minor glitch on my end. The instructions are GREAT!!
When I installed Kindle 1.19 on my Win10 x64 system, opened Kindle, checked the Help > About Kindle it still showed that I had v1.21 installed.

Using Revo Uninstaller I uninstalled Kindle and then reinstalled using the 1.19 version. This time when I went to Help > About Kindle it showed v1.19.

The next glitch was removing the check for the auto update. After checking the version of Kindle and confirming I had 1.19 installed I removed the check for the auto update and Save it. I had to register and I started to check what I had in the library at Amazon and found that I had 1362 books. As a test, I just selected one book and started to Deliver it but decided to again check the auto update checkbox and was surprised to see it was checked again. I removed the check and performed another Save. I found it necessary to do this at least two more times. I'm confident that I really did save the removal of the check mark and have checked it several times since then and it has remained unchecked.

I went to Amazon to download my book, I selected one that I had purchased earlier today and clicked on the Deliver option. Watching the folder in Xplorer2 (my file manager application) I saw the book appear as B003Y74H1E_EBOK.azw opened the book in Kindle and confirmed it was the book I purchased, then click-n-drag to Calibre, saw the book appear in Calibre and then confirmed I could open the book.

While managing my content I looked at my Devices and noticed I had several but not wanting to clean this up I just left it for now. In the Kindle app I noticed that it show the device as "jgt's Kindle for PC 5", in the manage devices window I made "jgt's Kindle for PC 5" my default.

Back in the Manage Content window I selected ALL and clicked the Deliver button but the books were NOT downloaded. I went back to the Kindle PC window, in the nav pane I clicked on the circle with two arrows, 200 of the 1362 books were downloaded and the two-arrow circle had stopped spinning. It seemed that I could NOT download all of the books.

It seems that in the Manage Content browser window when I selected ALL only the 200 books being displayed were selected. I had to click on the "Show More" (near the bottom of the displayed books), wait until 200 books were displayed (there is a status line stating something like "Showing 401-600 of 1362 items in Books--All"). Now if I selected ALL and clicked on the DELIVER button I could see the books being downloaded in the Kindle app window. Thus it appears that I will have to repeat this a few times until all books are downloaded.

At this point, I should have downloaded 600 of the 1362 books but the Kindle app showed that I had only downloaded 530. I discovered that if I scrolled all the way down to the bottom, right-clicked on the last book and selected DOWNLOAD it would be downloaded. I had to this one-at-a-time for all of the books not downloaded. If I did not scroll all the way to the bottom the Kindle app window would sometimes refresh and I would not see the books that had NOT been downloaded. If the book is downloaded there will be a checkmark in the bottom left corner.

As I near the end it seems that the books are automatically being delivered. I don't know what is going on.

I see numerous books in the manage content window that show "Update Available". I'm not sure what to do with these or how I can easily download all of the books that have been updated or if they have already been downloaded.

At this time all of the books have downloaded. I will add more later.
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote