View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #8
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I always set my margins at the minimum on my Kindles but when I began also reading on my phone when I'm away from the house I soon realized I read faster on the phone. Quite a lot faster and with no extra effort. I remembered reading in some kind of article years ago that newspaper columns were narrow because people could read them faster that way. I decided maybe that's why.

So I experimented with setting my Kindle margins at the maximum and sure enough, I read faster that way. It doesn't take any extra effort or cost me any comprehension that I'm aware of. It think it just helps me not get lost when transitioning to the start of the next line, something I've always done a bit of.

I've been keeping the margins wide for months now and I like it and I have no plan to go back. I feel like it's improved my reading pleasure.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote