View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #77
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chainring View Post
ABBYY FineReader default is 300dpi or 600dpi. The thing I like about the 2050C is the almost straight paper path, which is somewhat rare. Scanning heavy paper stock is much easier with this unit than those that make the paper bend around, almost in a U shape.

As for the software, I haven't used it since I have ABBYY FineReader 10, which kills just about everything else for OCR duties. It's astounding how accurate FR can be with a good scan. I do have the bundled software, which is OmniPage Pro, I believe, and can try that out.
I have FineReader 7, and prefer to use 400dpi scans for paperbacks; 300 works but gets troublesome on tiny footnote text sometimes. I might wind up figuring out if it'd interface with Pixedit for the actual scanning, and then import the images to Finereader.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote