View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
yes. After a bit of trial and error problems with the flasher (didn't rename the fonts correctly so the reader hung up on the start screen... etc) I figured out what to do and copied the new and properly named fonts to both the reader unit and the connect folder. It works perfectly, displaying the new fonts accurately.

Works GREAT! For me Cambria/Calibri/Consolas are more readable at the small sizes I prefer (9-10pt). They look much nicer to me. I'm REALLY happy.

I also recommend adding the page turn to the joystick! Now can turn pages no matter how I'm holding the unit...

Finally, I also like the menus and book lists in the smaller font. Much more orderly looking.

And what can I say about the clock. It's there so i don't have to glance over to the bedstand... so easy and so inconspicuous...

Excellent additions from our forum friends. All of them highly recommended - and all of them work correctly as they are. The only complications comes from changing the fonts - which is why you should be sure to copy the existing font names exactly.

Play with it... I bricked it six times in two days - but always was able to reflash it (without waiting for the hard reset or reset - because everything was correct except for the fonts which it couldn't find) - so no problem.
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote