View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I don't think there are any shareware or free converters that will do the careful inclusion of both text & graphics. A few of them try, but tend to botch it. (And I'm not sure what those are; I remember trying to work with them and giving up and going back to FineReader.)

Adobe's Capture Reviewer was another versatile OCR program--but it was also expensive, and FR is better in many ways. (Not all ways. Capture Reviewer lets you set fonts and kerning; FineReader is atrocious at that.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote