View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
stxopher
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
re: Cybook being awkward
Again this is only based on appearances.. but personally, I don't like all of the small buttons on the sides of the device, as opposed to the front placement on the Sony.
It just seems like it would be very easy to just hit them from gripping the device or hit the wrong one if trying to operate it 'by feel' as oppose to turning it on its side every time you want to hit a button.
Perhaps I'm wrong about the accidental activation - that's one thing I'm curious about. But that is my primary concern about its ergonomics.
Now THAT is something you really don't have to worry about. First, the side buttons actually sit a little under the curve of where your hands fit and usually take an intentional effort to click them. Second...well, most don't really do anything most of the time. The ones on the right, volume. The ones on the left are music, menu, back and trash (which doesn't do anything as far as I know).

Page turning is done by the edges of the small pad on the lower right. That's it. If anything there are MORE buttons on the Sony. (Now the main advantage with the PRS buttons is the ability to comfortably turn pages right or left handed.)