View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #265
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I've always wished I could get OneNote's hierarchical structure, instant save and portability (multiplatform) in the same package as ywriter's word count logging. I also wish MS would get over themselves about OneNote not being for word processing with the many limitations on formatting that that mindset brings. I don't want a word processor. I do want to be able to set default paragraph options.
I pieced together an AHK script with a command line tool to do word count logging in OneNote 2010 for a time. It was ugly and a pain. I gave up on it. Now I'm looking at Onetastic's macro tools. I'm not 100% sure I can get all of what I want, but it looks promising.

I was always willing to pay for OneNote, but now that it's free and available on a much wider basis, it's that much cooler of a tool.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote