View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #30
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
The galaxy s4 mini has been leaked: http://www.sammobile.com/2013/03/22/...alaxy-s4-mini/

4.3" qHD (960x540). Screen tech is rumored to be labeled "Super AMOLED", which so far has only been applied to pentile screens, but "HD Super AMOLED" included the non-pentile Note 2. At 256ppi, it would be a respectable non-pentile density (Note 2 is 260ish), but if it's pentile, it would need to be a lot higher before I'd consider it as a replacement for my primary reader.
gsmarena put it under a microscope, and surprisingly, it isn't pentile. It joins a very elite group of non-pentile amoleds including the Note 2, the S2, the PS Vita and a few others.

qHD non-pentile isn't exactly world class, but it isn't a density downgrade for me either and if the price is right, I've found my next phone. I was actually bargain hunting for a Note 2 already when that last little detail came out. I was looking forward to having a spen and silo, but I guess I'll live.

The review also confirms some goodies, like the IR blaster, airview and surprisingly to me, multiwindow.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote