View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Later this week I'm going to be helping a friend who wants to read ebooks on her first gen iPad. I'm a long-time Mac and Nook user, but don't have an iPad myself, so some of this will be new to me.

Tell your friend to reduce the brightness completely for reading indoors (iPad 1 has very strong brightness even on minimum) and order some good anti-glare screen protector.

If brightness poses problem to her, for further reduction of brightness she should use native iBooks reader (for reading epubs and pdf's) because other apps are just faking brightness reduction by dimming the colors or do not have brightness controls at all.

For pdf's and comic books she might like some of these:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/801...pdf-too-2.html

Last edited by markom; 04-06-2013 at 07:20 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote