View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #23085
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Is that Centigrade boiling or Fahrenheit? Stir clock-wise or counter-clockwise? When you stir, does the concave or convex surface of the spoon lead? Can we PLEASE get some precision going among you coffee drinkers!

I shall sit back with exactly 4fl.oz of Bombay Sapphire, over six ice cubes, each one measuring... aw, hell... I can't measure them. They keep getting smaller!

Stitchawl

You should NOT boil water for coffee that leads to over extraction! Ideally in the ball park of 195-205 degrees F depending on the grind, the bean, the roast, and your personal tastes.

Personally I brew a medium grind, dark roast at 200 degrees F with a pulse brew system that gives a bit faster brew time, while not under extracting like most of your faster brewers do (see any thing Keurig makes as an example)

As for stirring, that only matters if you add stuff to your coffee. If you are adding steamed milk (which should be just below 160 degrees F) then you should not stir at all and let the drink be layered.

I could go on, but you tea drinkers do no understand all the complexities and refinement that a coffee drink should have and I would just be wasting coffee drinking time
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote