View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #448
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I hate to ask a simple question but I am at a loss on how to do something. I have read through this thread along with the instructions on this plug-in (so you know I didn't just come to you) but can't seem to find what I know is a simple answer.

I have a custom column in Calibre called "DATE READ". What I want to do is have the date I completed the book so up on my Read shelf in GoodReads.

When I go into Customization and try to Edit Shelf Sync Actions I notate under Column Date Read but for Value it is only giving me choices of None, Today, GoodReads Date Read, etc. No where do I see the option to have it pull the date read from Calibre's DATE READ column which is what I want. Am I missing something?

I have played around with the customization on the GoodReads Sync plug-in but just can't figure out how to do this. Can you or someone with this knowledge help please? Thanks again for a terrific plug-in, will be donating $$$ toward the cause.
To configure the date read column, first of all on the main configuration screen for the plugin just look at the bottom right in "Synchronisable Custom Columns" where it lists what custom columns do you want to use for certain features. So you want to set a column for the "Date read column".

Then it is just a case of editing the shelf actions for the shelve(s) you are uploading to, and rather than creating a sync action using the dropdowns just look at the bottom of the screen where you will have some checkboxes, once of which is "Upload date read to Goodreads when adding to this shelf". Tick that and you are all done.

Now when you next go to add a book to that shelf a column will be displayed for the date read which you can modify the value for (it will default it to today if it was blank) and along with the rating (if you ticked that option too) it will be stored on Goodreads in your review for that book.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote