View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #17
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
If you're referring to my last post - I just tried to coin the rather inelegant term "Applesoft" to refer to both dominating producers of OSs; also not bashig specifically these two, but it's precisely those that make sense in the context of the quote I was replying to.

But I totally agree with you - it affects everybody.
I can see why you thought I'd singled you out, but what I'm referring to is the way our lopsided thematic pendulum keeps swinging back to one particular (and in this case outcome-irrelevant) company.

That's going to keep happening if we let it because many of us can't seem to grasp any other topic, and because the bored and resentful often troll for defensive responses.

Brand wars are more viscerally satisfying than conceptual speculation, but they won't help us to understand the problem we're about to face.

This development could become a major problem for a lot of us on MR in the next few years. Let's do what we can to analyze and (ideally) fight that outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
This is absolutely insane.
And like insanity, it feeds on prosaic-sounding rationalizations for eye-widening conclusions. The Final Rule is like a mundane and literal-minded version of Sade's Philosophy in the Bedroom.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-26-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote