View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
yes, i do think you should send this to your editor. you might point out that sue grafton's T Is for Trespass is written from both the series star kinsey's first person perspective and the villain's perspective, and it was as well liked as many of her other books, and in fact better liked than some.

a lot of people who become devoted to detective series novels aren't in it for the detection, but because they get to know the main narrating character as if he or she was a friend. i'm surprised your editor didn't know that.

looking forward to your next book, which will hopefully be released as an ebook in july

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMcDonnell View Post
Great observation, Basschick. I loved writing Rock & Roll Homicide in the first person. I wanted to use a mixed POV for Rock & Roll Rip-Off, keeping my PI, Jason, in the first person and portraying the antagonist, Leandra, in the 3rd person. But my editor nixed the idea, saying it was still considered experimental and would not be accepted by the major reviewers. I ended up doing a complete rewrite.

Since then, many top authors have written in the mixed perspective. I enjoyed writing Jason's character in the 1st person so much that I debated the point with my editor, won, and completely rewrote my third novel in the series, The Concert Killer (due for a July release).

Thanks for writing a review and for your feedback here. Do you think I should copy it and send it to my editor? ... Me, too.
thanks - hope you like jason and the mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Ouch, my aching bloated TBR list! But it looks good, and Basschick has a good recommendation track record, so I'm gonna go get them. My iPad is getting heavy with all of these books.

EDIT: I got them from iBooks.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote