Thread: ACSM format
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I don't have any experience with this but, I did google it and found the below information...

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6cefd

"Topic

.acsm file format converter??

Cotannah - 01:35pm Oct 21, 2008 Pacific

I paid for an ebook in the .acsm ( Adobe Digital Edition) format and did read it very well and it wont load into my sony reader as I only have the 500 not the new one. Is there any way to change the file format to either .pdf or .txt??? Because I would really like to read this book.

Thanks for any replies.

JimLester - 2:44pm Oct 21, 08 PST (#1 of 22)

The .acsm file isn't the book - it a purchase ticket that allows you to download the book.
In Digital Editions you can find the path to the book in the Item Info dialog. You can bring up the Item Info dialog from the Reading Menu (in Reading View) or pressing Ctrl+I (Cmd+I on the Mac).

--
Jim Lester
Adobe Systems

Cotannah - 10:22pm Oct 21, 08 PST (#2 of 22)

Thanks for that. I still have an issue, I have found teh downloaded file but when I open it with adobe reader 8 it just pops up a web page telling me to download digital edition. So I cant read it in adobe reader

JimLester - 10:39am Oct 23, 08 PST (#3 of 22)

This is expected. Content Server 4 protected ebooks can not be opened in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader and can only be opened in Digital Editions."

Hope this helps... Maybe someone with more experience with jump in.....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote