View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 09:19 PM   #54
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Hi Hitch. Okay, here are the results. (And I posted them to SlowSmile in the Plugin forum too.)

<snippage>
As you can see, some are the plugin version HTML and some the regular. I think BLOODY SUNRISE and THE FIND look the best. I kind of like that THE FIND is 300X450, which is what you suggested before. What do you think?
Funny how that works. :-) I mean, I liked it before, and I still do.

Quote:
And I looked pretty closely at what the plugin does. It didn't change any of the text (the only option I chose was this: 'Reformat ebook images using percentage screen values to help normalize smaller image sizes across all ereaders.') but it did add some stuff in the formatting (switching out <i> tags for <span style="font-style: italic;" tags> and some other stuff like that.) It changed my asterisks. And the <i> tag replacement was inconsistent. It would make the replacement on the first italic in the paragraph but then not any of the remaining italics in the paragraph (they remained <i> tags).

And I don't need to run the plugin to use that HTML for the backmatter covers, right?

Thanks!
The plugin wouldn't change any of your text. What it SHOULD do, though, if you have your images in the HTML file, set to be X% of the screen, is recreate the HTML for the KF7 version of the images. I'm not seeing that here, or I'm a bit whacky. Gregg, when you can, send me a dupe of the file that you're working on, okay?

Did you try putting the covers in, each with their own HTML call, each set to the %, and then run the plugin? I'm talking about that specific plugin for creating the KF7 media queries, NOT slowsmile's cleanup plugin or any others. Right?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote