View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #51
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Hitch. Still a few questions.

#1) Just for example's sake, if (I won't) I ran the 1800X2700 at 75% would the KF7 devices show a reduced image so that it fits the screen?
Well, when you say, would they show a reduced image, no--it would be full-screen, like a regular book cover. 1800x2700 is huge, bigger than most Kindle screens.

Quote:
#2) Can I do what I was thinking of doing (running SlowSmile's plugin on a copy of my original file, then copying and pasting the backmatter cover HTML into the original)? Will that work or does the whole file need to be run through the plugin?
Yes, you can do that absolutely. The plugin has specific functions. It will do those on your copy, and then yes, you can take that HTML file and paste it over what you have in the original (make sure you get the CSS!)

Quote:
#3) Okay, 300 width. (On my 1:5 ratio of my images that would be 300X450.) And say I set the percentage at 75% (although when you run the plugin, percentages are automatically assigned based on image size). So the image looks great on my Kindle Touch. But won't it be hugely stretched on the biggest screens?
Nope. It should look fine. I mean...MAYBE it might look a bit odd on a Fire 10", in landscape mode, but it should be perfectly fine on everything else, I should think.

Quote:
If that's the case, then a bigger image or reduced %, or both, should be used, right?
I'm trying to save you delivery fees. If you're really worried, use a 500px wide cover instead. I recommend you try it with the 300px wide, and see how it looks.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote