View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:19 PM   #50
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
You really oughtn't to have to reproof them, just for using a plugin from William.

Secondly, ask William for help.He loves helping newbs, he does. He LOVES showing off his plugins. I'm not being sarcastic.

The plugin--all you do is put your image in, set the %, and the plugin tells the KF7 how to display the file on older devices, in pixels. Honest to crap, Gregg, it's easy.

In terms of the display...Uh..firstly, 1800x2700 for a thumbnail is godawful big. Unless you WANT to pay delivery fees you don't need to, make that more like...300px wide, at most. Then set it to whatever dang percentage you like, like...25% of the width of the screen, or whatever blows your skirt up.

OK?

Hitch
Thanks Hitch. Still a few questions.

#1) Just for example's sake, if (I won't) I ran the 1800X2700 at 75% would the KF7 devices show a reduced image so that it fits the screen?

#2) Can I do what I was thinking of doing (running SlowSmile's plugin on a copy of my original file, then copying and pasting the backmatter cover HTML into the original)? Will that work or does the whole file need to be run through the plugin?

#3) Okay, 300 width. (On my 1:5 ratio of my images that would be 300X450.) And say I set the percentage at 75% (although when you run the plugin, percentages are automatically assigned based on image size). So the image looks great on my Kindle Touch. But won't it be hugely stretched on the biggest screens?

If that's the case, then a bigger image or reduced %, or both, should be used, right?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote