View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I agree that the PDF handling on the native Kobo software is very poor. That said, it is very easy to install Koreader which handles PDFs much better.
Just a comment on this. As far as I can tell, there is no problem with the rendering of PDF by the Kobo devices. The page matches what I see when I open the PDF on my PC (minus the colour). The performance is a problem. There is no problem with simple text pages, but complicated pages can be slow. But, the real issue to me is navigation. If you need to zoom into the page, then turning the page is clumsy. And moving to another part of the page is also clumsy. But, I have a couple of books, including a train timetable, that are designed with a page size roughly the same as my Glo HD, and they work very well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote