View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #19
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's impractical to suggest that a "bricks and mortar" shop can match the prices of an online bookshop, which has none of the overheads that the B&M shop incurs. You're being charged extra for the extras - the physical browsing experience - that the physical shop offers you.
I would think that using the shop to drive business on their website and vice-versa might be a model to go after. One is indeed propping the other up, but customer loyalty is useful. I just don't think bookstores are realizing that actually having a shop might be a marketing advantage in some aspects. Make the difference in price 10% and I wouldn't think twice about paying it, but when it's 20-25% it adds up too fast.

Frankly Chapters browsing experience has suffered now that many walls of the store are simply the tripe I would buy online. Seriously. A thirty foot display of The Hunger Games triology isn't finding me something I didn't know about or adding to my experience much.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote