View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrahan View Post
Personnally, once I manage to get the text out of InDesign, I just stick to Sigil to tweak the resulting file. And to answer one of your question, no, there is nothing special to do after you save the file in Sigil.
Hypothetical question:

I am an author and I want to give my work to someone to prepare for printing. In what form do I deliver my text; a Microsoft Word document, an Open Office document, a straight text file or what?

What I don't understand is why you would want to convert an InDesign document to epub? Why not go back to the original document to create your epub? It seems to me it would be easy enough and would yield a better product. The tools are free and fairly easy to use. To paraphrase Kipling: A printed page is a printed page, and an ebook page is an ebook page, and never the twain shall meet.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote