View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by renswic View Post
Ok I'm kinda lost on this, what bin file(for the main JB not the alt one) do I put on my kindle 3 wifi only?
If you aren't sure, use update_3.1-jailbreak-k3w-install.bin. Don't even open the zip within the zip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
First - thanks for your work.

Let me ask for some more clarification, also.

I'm back to "native" 3.0.2 - no hacks.

Does your hack require the "old" jailbreak or is it free-standing?

If I install 3.1, can your hack be installed after 3.1 and then can the screensaver hack be installed (and does it need the jailbreak)?

Or should your hack be installed before 3.1? And if so, and then 3.1 is installed can the screensaver hack be installed? (jailbreak?)

And can your hack be UNinstalled under 3.1?

And as usual, sorry for all the questions but ....

Thanks.
This is a brand new jailbreak, so you can install/uninstall it anytime. Just remember to set the update provider to hacks before uninstaling.
And yes, you need to jailbreak before installing hacks. Just read any of the guides about hacks, but use this jailbreak instead of the 3.0.3 one as it was patched.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote