View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #9
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_E View Post
Do you use the iPad/iPod Touch to pinpoint your location? I was under the impression that if you used a MiFi card (as opposed to an iPhone or 3G iPad), you wouldn't get any location data.
You can't count on it. Maybe half the places I go I can get the location data. I don't know why it doesn’t work in some places. The locations function works all around the Austin/Round Rock/Georgetown area, but not around Waco (100 miles north, but still in cell phone/data coverage area.) It works some places out of the coverage map, but not in places shown as covered for data.

I have no idea why it doesn’t work some places. The accuracy seems to be +/- 50-75 feet or so. If it would work everywhere I have coverage (my cell phone is with the same carrier) it would be very nice.

Mike

Last edited by JMikeD; 11-29-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Tamned dypos
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote