View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #455
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
More problems :(

Oh boy. . .

So, after finishing a book last night I went to power down. I haven't kept track, but I think this was the third or fourth time that my KT did not power down correctly (since 1.9.16) and the home page was left visible. I powered it back up only to be greeted by the setup page. Since I was just turning it on to get it to turn off properly I just skipped the setup. My books are still on there but the settings have all reverted to factory original. Apparently this also included turning off the airplane mode, connecting to my wi-fi (which it must have remembered), and downloading a bunch of recommended book advertisements. I know this because I have specifically not synced my KT since the last FW upgrade to avoid them (when the FW came out I didn't even have the recommended tab on the website). Of course, it also switched the bottom bar from my shortlist to their recommended list.

This is especially strange since I skipped setup and therefore it should no longer be linked to my account, right?

Whatever. So frustrating!

I'm going to do a Factory reset and reload a minimum library. Might not even load the latest FW.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote