View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I'll have to compare what adds more to my filesize too: inserting all these, or embedding another font per charleski's suggestion.
Embedding another font is probably more robust, and "cleaner", it's like adding another font family/variant next to italic, bold, etc. The downside is it works only if a device supports embedded fonts, and unless you also define (and embed) a font for the main text, you risk the spaced-out font being wildly different from the main one (and the user can't change it).

However, in the case you need it for blackletter fragments, which themselves include normal and emphasized text, I think the embedded font would be the way, and I'd define a spaced-out variant as the "italic" of the blackletter. If the German text uses a different font (even if it's not blackletter), that would be a way too.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote