View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM   #20
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmurray View Post
Is age profile another factor in the slooow rise of the ebook reader? The MP3 players are targeted at a youth market. Music is cool in a way books aren't. Judging by the reminiscences above we are mostly an over thirties, over forties crowd. That might have some influence on the investment companies are prepared to make at this stage.
This is why many of us suspect that the youth market will be pushed into e-books through some kind of digital textbook program, to save them the weight and expense of all those textbooks throughout their school years.

I personally expect that, when dedicated e-book readers go color, we will see many popular magazines go digital, and I suspect many of the youth-oriented magazines will be the first to convert. This will catapult younger readers into e-magazines, allowing them to carry entire collections with them at all times... a truly unique advantage to e-book readers.

Once they have the readers, and get used to them, they can start buying e-books as well. So in this analogy, e-books will take a back seat to e-magazines. But I consider it a viable way to introduce the youth market to e-books.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote