View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
1. Can I manage more than just the books I purchase from Amazon on their website/bookshelf? It would be nice to be able to store all my favorite public domain stuff in the same place.
No, they only archive the stuff you buy there.

Quote:
2. Do I understand this correctly - while browsing uploads here at mobileread I can grab one of those .prc files and email it directly to my Kindle?
Not exactly -- instead you download a guide file to the Kindle (which you can do wirelessly) and then you pick hyperlinked books from the guide that will be dowloaded to the Kindle.

Quote:
3. Any other obstacles to going tetherless - just a browser wherever I am and a Kindle with the radio turned on?
If what you're going for is to read Amazon books plus PD stuff from here or feedbooks, no, not really. Leave the wireless off when you aren't using it, though, for maximum battery life.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote