View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Nook Touch has no landscape viewing mode. No image zoom. You will need to navigate to the linked TOC just as on Kindle, and the 'structural' TOC is 'flattened' (whereas at least on Kindle Touch you can collapse hierarchy). No on-device file management (I like to be able to delete my own content without hooking up to a computer). No functional web browser. Mediocre PDF support.

You might check out Sony PRS-T1, if you aren't planning to purchase books from B&N, I think it has significantly better reading features, and you can pretty much go full wireless with it since it can work with Dropbox, library borrowing etc. without any desktop connection.

But none of these devices are going to jump to the linked TOC like you used to do on your Kindle Touch before the update. They offer access to the same 'structural' TOC that Kindle Touch now uses and which you don't like. You'll still have to navigate to the linked TOC 'by hand' or using some other workaround (bookmarks/notes). They will have 'page numbers' but if you are side loading you can get those on Kindle using calibre's Kindle plugin.

I have all 3 of these devices, but the only one I'm using regularly now is the Kindle Touch (since the update that provides pretty much full parity with ePub formatting and navigation features).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote