Thread: Ghosting ?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jduck View Post
Interesting, I was going to post something like this. Over the weekend I had my Fire on a static screen for maybe an hour while I did other things (I was trying to run down the battery). The screen was a common Android screen, dark background with some white grid lines and text. When I picked it up and started using it, on another dark-background screen I noticed a faint after-image matching what had been displayed, which seems to be what is being called ghosting here. It went away after a couple of hours and I never notice anything like it happening during normal use. So, no big deal for me.
Yeah it's no big deal for me also, but some people do have bad ghosting problems. The ghosting seems to show up more when the my kindle Fire is cold and hasn't been used in a few hours. But after it warms up it's fine.

BTW why did you want to run down the battery? That's the worst thing to do to a Lithium-ion battery. They don't need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better. Lithium-Ion don't have memory like the other rechargeable battery types and don't need to be fully drained to be recharged.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote