View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #137
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I personally use two different google urls with this plugin which I assign shortcuts to. I assign ctrl+I to the link that is both what dwanthny linked back to and I mentioned is included in the latest plugin version, which is google images > 400x300.

I also have another shortcut of ctrl+shift+I for a url which specifically looks for images of size 510x680 (the Overdrive size ones). I don't like the aspect ratio, but you can sometimes find a consistent set of images that are hard to pick out with the way google sorts images by default. Then I use a keyboard shortcut driven launch of Paintshop Pro via the Open With plugin to resize the image to the "correct" aspect with a couple of keystrokes.

What I *really* want but havent had the time to write yet is a "resize cover" plugin. It should let me configure multiple default sizes that I want to resize to and can assign keyboard shortcuts to. This would avoid the need to launch Paintshop Pro in the above workflow. Maybe one day...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote