View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookkatz View Post
I just installed an add-on called User Agent Switcher to my Firefox browser. Setting the user agent to IE 8 allowed me to download the.epub files from my B&N library. Previous to this, Firefox would only download the .pdb files.

I'm on a Mac, of course!
You can also change User Agent in Safari, but you need to enable the Develop menu. To do so, go to Preferences->Advanced, and enable the option "Show Develop menu in menu bar" at the bottom.

Once you have the Develop Menu showing, the second item is a submenu allowing you to select various browsers, including IE 8.0.

I don't know why the Mac is limited to .pdb downloads. The newest version of the Nook Mac software supports ePUB. I was able to do the User Agent trick in Safari and open the ePUB in the Nook app.

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 11-10-2010 at 08:08 PM.
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote