View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thumbs up UPDATE

My email yesterday evening was replied to overnight asking me to call the service number. (toll-free from Canada)

I spoke with "Josh H" in Amazon's West Virginia call-centre around 0700EDT today.

Amazon's response:
  • immediately sending me a new device, same express shipping as the last one (tomorrow or Monday delivery)
  • providing 30-days to return the defective item
  • $25 "Goodwill Refund" for return shipping because their system won't generate pre-paid international return labels

I couldn't be happier! I'll update this thread when the replacement arrives and the whole process concludes.

As an aside, when I asked if they were busy, another rep I spoke with mentioned they get a lot of calls from the UK and Australia at this time of morning and the accents were a fun experience for caller and rep.

Last edited by cjottawa; 10-14-2010 at 02:27 PM.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote