View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The following is very good:

DRAGON'S RING by Dave Freer (Baen Books)

I have not read it yet, but the following is a Victorian book of manners with dragons:

Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton

I really liked this first in a series (Napoleonic Wars with dragons), but could not get involved in the rest of the series:

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

It isn't available as an ebook, but another excellent non-standard dragon book is:

Tea with the Black Dragon by R. A. MacAvoy
Dragon's Ring isn't just good, it's very good (IMHO)—Highly Recommended.

I haven't read Tooth and Claw yet (thanks for the tip!). The Temeraire series is interesting (although I'm way behind in reading the books).

Tea with the Black Dragon is available in bits now—I recently purchased it over at Fictionwise (along with a bunch of other books by MacAvoy). Highly Recommended!

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote