View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyIce View Post
I'm a writer who uses the Scrivener software, mainly because my last program didn't transfer to my new laptop. Anyway, every once in a while I'll compile the document I'm working on to see how long it would be in various formats, and while every other format shows it to be around 200-250 pages, with the epub file it shoots up to 800 something pages. I'm using the default font in a smaller size, and the only image is the cover, so why is the epub file so much longer than the other formats? Is it because it's digital? Is there a way to make it a more reasonable length without cutting any of the story?
Pages only COUNTS if everyone uses the exact same screen size and settings.
Word counts If you must (again, requires we all use the same algorithm to be meaningful)

Work in Layout Proportions
and NEVER inches or cm, those are for Absolutely Fixed layouts only .

I set the Body font size to 1em (1 em is relative to the devices default size)
Now the Chapter head is set to 1.5em (150% of the body)
subtitle 1.25em
InitialLetter: 2 or 3em

File size differences is due to encoding and Included Images and fonts. NOT your prose
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote