View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #7
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Harry, sorry. I'm being careless. I meant version 2.0.

I am able to put Gutenberg's mobi files right into my Kindle folder with the Android app, at least, and these are openable under 'Docs' tab on the Kindle Fire and they show up on my Cloud if I put them there as well.

Since many haven't tried that with the Android app (and whoever now takes care of Project Gutenberg has a rant saying those books can't be read on the Kindle Fire tablet), I wondered if this was also possible with the app for Win8. Likely not, as features available on one Kindle app won't show up on other Kindle apps for sometimes a year (if ever).

I realize they're vastly different apps.

For those interested, these are the new features in Kindle for Win8 (in version 2)

"The new version has been updated to include the following:
* Ability to search from inside a book
* Redesigned home screen and in-book navigation
* Easier bookmarking
* Filtering of Notes and Bookmarks
* Option to sample recommended books
* Live Tile displays of the book you're reading
* Updated view options menu, library and search views"

That new-feature set doesn't pertain to the question here but am adding it for those who might find it worthwhile and hadn't seen this yet (announced June 17).

- Andrys
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote