View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpa View Post
Battery is on 75 (diags info).

Yes.

I extracted kernels images with getkernels.sh script from working k4 (my wife). Also i extracted whole mmcblk0 (about 1,5GB). Is it safe to flash whole mmcblk0 to different kindle via SSH ?

Anyone can extract u-boot image or how to do that ?

Thanks
Some parts of the mmcblk0 area are WRITE-ONLY and read as zeros. To read them, tools like idme request the data for those areas from a device driver. Writing the image may damage stuff like your device's serial number, pcbsn, etc.

On a K4, a damaged PCBSN can prevent uboot from initializing the RAM, bricking it. Apparently different revisions of the K4 use different (incompatible) RAM.

There is (usually) no need to backup more than the first 32MB of mmcblk0, because it is partitioned and contains stuff that you can image separately.

You should be able to extract u-boot from that image though, with a modified version of getkernels.sh. You would have to put the u-boot start and length into that script (or just use the dd command from it) to extract u-boot.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote