View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #65
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
FWIW, Kindles *can* be turned off.
(At least up to the KT generation of eink and the 2012 FIREs.)
You press and hold the power button for something like a minute and they totally shut down. When next you turn them on they do a full boot that takes a couple minutes.
The procedure works even (especially) when the system is locked/crashed.

Every small electronic device I've ever seen has a full-off/fresh boot process. Sometimes it's obscure, often it is a pain to engage, but I've yet to see one that doesn't have it.
I came to this thread to say this.

I also wanted to add that perhaps it is just my hands, but I sometimes have trouble not accidentally quick-pressing the power button a second time while I mentally think I am just holding the button down. Doing that undoes the turning off.

I have learned that there can be absolutely no wiggle to the button press. It is not forgiving of wiggle.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote