Thread: Literary Queer as Folk • March 2019
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:11 AM   #7
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I'm not sure if I have time for two club participations or not, but if you have no objections I do have a nomination I found fairly recently that fits this theme quite nicely (I think). After some early reservations I enjoyed this very much:

Passing Strange by Ellen Klages. It's only a novella (39k words) - 224 pages according to Amazon, 143 ADE pages.

Goodreads description:
Quote:
San Francisco in 1940 is a haven for the unconventional. Tourists flock to the cities within the city: the Magic City of the World’s Fair on an island created of artifice and illusion; the forbidden city of Chinatown, a separate, alien world of exotic food and nightclubs that offer “authentic” experiences, straight from the pages of the pulps; and the twilight world of forbidden love, where outcasts from conventional society can meet.

Six women find their lives as tangled with each other’s as they are with the city they call home. They discover love and danger on the borders where mystery, science, and art intersect.

Last edited by gmw; 03-04-2019 at 02:13 AM.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote