View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #8
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Hi Bookmonster,

Good point, I need to update this thread

OK -- right now, the PRS-300 is the reigning champion. I recently installed a hack that allows a clock to be shown in the bottom right corner, as well as customizable font, line spacing, etc. for epubs: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87332

With that change, I now have all of the main features I enjoyed about the PB360 on a PRS-300 package. And ergonomically, although the Sony is heavier, it is somehow easier for me to hold and handle than the PB360.

That said, the PB360 still has several distinct advantages: the crispness of the text display is still better than the Sony, it's faster with pageturns, and it has the dictionary and search, which are both really cool features to have.

So for me, I guess the bottom line came down to ergomonics, but that's a pretty personal consideration, so I'm not sure how helpful it is to others. If nothing else, I'm confirming to myself that the Sony PRS-300 is a great reader. Not only that, but it is super affordable right now. I've seen refurbed 300's with leather covers for just under $100 on eBay.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote