View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:00 AM   #21
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAllenFiz
The more people who speak out about these things, the less likely it is that individuals will be charged. Fair Use should be "fair", I will NOT buy a book twice or be forced to read it in a way that inconveniences me for the sake of staying on the right side of a law that makes no sense.
I agree Chris. I do buy every book that I convert and sometime I buy a book more than once - I'll have it in a paper format and I'll buy it again some years later in an electronic format and ditch the paper version mainly to recover available bookshelf space. Without ebooks, I would have no room to turn around, let alone add more books.

I don't think a publisher would be able to prove any damages from copying your own books so that you can read them on another platform. Yes, the actus reus vis-a-vis the DMCA is there, but there is no mens rea of harm. As far as I can see, the only loser in all this is Sony, by not being able to sell me a native BBeB format. To tell the truth, if they offer it in the connect store and for a true market price, I'll buy directly from them anyway to save myself the effort of converting and reformatting.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote