View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Question For the Rest of us...

For those of us who haven't leapt gleefully aboard the iLiad Love Train (yet, anyway ), what are you thinking in terms of what you plan to do about an e-reader?

Me, I'm still waiting to see the other two come out. I'm hoping to get a "hands on" look at each of them (even if it's just a few minutes in some store), so I can decide if there's anything that they lack that I just have to shell out for the iLiad to get.

I'm kind of leaning toward the Sony at the moment (s'why I went ahead and put this on the Sony thread, it doesnt' really fit well anywhere), now that we're getting some more information on it supporting some non-proprietary formats. Experience with Sony's hardware in the past gives me a higher comfort level than with the HanLin -- I just flat don't have any visability of their track record, unfortunately. I was leaning toward the HanLin, but I think that was mostly out of fear of Sony's dark (DRM) past. With it looking like they've learned that lesson....

DiabloNL seems pretty decided , but what are the rest of y'all thinking? What matters to you between them? What concerns do you have about any of them? And such like that there.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote