View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #31
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
An orphan work is just one for which the copyright owner can't be found. Google aren't planning on making any effort to find copyright owners, that makes all the works 'orphan'.

I would be fine if they had the permission of the copyright owners to do what they are doing.

I would be fine if the Library of Congress allowed themselves an exception were to do what Google is doing (minus the selling part), but companies can't just ignore the law because we might like the results.

The French approach is the correct one, if the law is causing a problem, change it. The Google approach is to simply ignore it.
I think you might be confused on the orphan works issue here.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote