View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #261
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Didn't have an OS anything like iOS though. Thats what in its entirety means.
Visually, it wasn't that far removed, which was the crux of Apple's case. The suits were all about copying the visuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Ultimately it all becomes a "He started it!" problem. Google have recently sued Apple to ban sales of basically all Apple products. There are no current Apple vs Google lawsuits, so in that sense Google "started it", but it would be reasonable to see Google suing Apple as a natural extension of the Apple vs HTC suits, which Google has been involved in behind the scenes.

Going further back, Nokia sued Apple first, and Apple countersued.
Apple sued HTC first, and HTC countersued.
Motorola sued Apple first, and Apple countersued.
Apple sued Samsung first, and Samsung countersued.

with Nokia, that wasn't Google driven. Nokia is a direct competitor in the maps and mobile OS front. And even as they started moving away from their own OSs for their smartphones, they famously refused to go Android, and said some disparaging things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
They should sue. I don't think IP owners have a case myself -- and if they thought they could they would.
HP owns the Palm remnants now, and always has had a cordial relationship with Apple. HP was the company that started pushing iPods for non Macs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
It might be because of this:

I find it funny that the speculation about a mini iPad from a while back was centered around Apple sticking to the same aspect ratio.
I never understood that. 16:9 is more pervasive now. Its in Tv, games, movies, etc. Sticking to 4:3 just requies letterboxing for so much content.