View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
More and more pissed about reviews and threads

I don't mean threads in this forum.

But in general, I have to get very personal for a brief moment:
I just read (or better: I tried to read) some reviews of a book in Google Play (but same happens in iTunes and other similar forums as well of course).
After maybe 20 so called "reviews" I stopped quite frustrated for some time.
Most of them have been full of helpful and substantial insights such as:
"Too expensive".
"Old book, why should I pay for it?"
And I had the very same with a movie:
"For € 3 I can have the DVD, why should I rent this movie?".
Hey, I want to have a review. Not your life's story!

And I've read similar reviews about hardware:
I'd like to see comparisons of displays or processing speed. But I don't need "philosophical" disputes, whether "tablets are good" or not...

And, worst of all, most of the book reviews (German Google Play, German book, German reviews) have been on the grammatical and intellectual level of 7 year olds.

In such moments, I really ask myself:
Are there mainly ignorants around in the areas of my hobbies (tablets, readers, ...)?
My personal gut feeling really is, with the price drops of tablets and other gadgets suddenly there are people around, which are a bit dubious.
Most of you probably will say: "Why bother? Just move on".
But honestly, I'm really getting annoyed. First thing, when opening Google Play and browsing for apps: I'm quickly loosing interest and it's getting less fun, because of more and more negativity and aggression...

Best review so far: "iPhone 5 is too expensive. Apple slowly is getting like all the other corporates, mainly interested in making money".
I really wasn't sure, whether that was meant in an ironic way. But I really got the impresion, this guy was serious. Well, he's certainly right. Apple, a few years ago, has been a general welfare organisation. But shame on them: Suddenly they care about profits and stuff.

I could ramble on forever.
But basically I'd like to have your feedback:
Am I the only one, who's getting pissed about the ever growing rate of negative, aggressive and subjective reviews and threads?
(You might say, my thread here is kind of aggressive as well and I certainly see this kind of "vicious circle")...

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-14-2012 at 12:16 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote