View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #49
Floodlit World
Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Floodlit World ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Quite so. It seems a lot of people equate "difficult" with "I thought it was boring", "I thought it was pointless" or "I didn't enjoy it for some other reason", when it ought to be fairly obvious that those are (generally) entirely different things. I guess it's closely related to the kind of ego-centric view you get in every other sphere of life - the music I don't like is crap, the clothes I don't wear look awful, and so on and so forth.
Totally agree with this. I recently studied The Duchess of Malfi, by John Webster, and it was difficult. Every page required many minutes of research and cross-referencing, but it was one of my favourite reads of the year.
Floodlit World is offline   Reply With Quote