View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
For me, apps are important but weight and speed even more.

Because I use my Kindle for reading, something thinner and light is more than welcome, same goes for speed and responsiveness.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and a Nexus 7. The N7 is slightly larger than the Tab2 but are of the same weight (12oz). The N7 has a faster processor and a higher resolution screen and cost roughly the same.

The point of this is: "IF" I wanted to trade in a Fire it would be for the Samsung and not the Nexus. The fact that Google has buttoned down the Nexus to protect the content providers leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. There is no SD card slot, they have disabled the USB OTG function and they have limited the access from the PC.

I don't have a Fire, but if I did I wouldn't swap it for a Nexus - not that much of an upgrade.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote