View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:46 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I don't think e-books will or should ever substitute paper books; instead they supplement the latter by offering certain advantages such as high portability and easier access.

When I was still at college I loved to hang out in the library stocks and sometimes skim through hundreds of paper books. Now, even if these books had been offered as e-books back then, I don't think it would have had been the same rewarding experience. For instance, very often, when I checked out one book, I noticed another book that was just sitting next to it, and I discovered it later to be an even better resource than the one I was originally looking for. How would that be possible with e-books, where physical dimensions are not existant? Sure, someone like Google could come up with a nice search algorithm and present "related" books, but that you can do already today for paper books with a good library computer system. My point is that sometimes you have to see and almost feel a book to appreciate its usefulness.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote