View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
No, the above clears up my issues, except instead of using the "Add" option, could you add a "New" option and allow the user to rename it. It would serve as a placeholder for those (newly created) level2 entries. You could even default its href to be the same as the first level2's href file reference just to be complete.
If I understand you correctly, it's that there are no file with a summary for people with A, and you would just like to have them group together, so it becomes clearer? Or having 2 TOC's like 1 by name and other by date for example.

I have not fully checked the specs fully, but I don't know what an empty TOC will do with some reader. But right now whenever an entry is loaded and the file is not physically there in the ePub, it will not be shown when loaded and be removed completely from the TOC upon saving. But empty source do come up in my test, and i even wanted to make sure it couldn't be possible.

Also about the Add screen, it only lists the file inside the manifest. It does not parse every HTML file to find the anchor value presents. Although it could be usefull, my main idea was to create a tool that would complement calibre and sigil. And this type of thing could "easily" (it took me a while to fully understand the convert setting in it) be done in calibre with the right settings, having it detect some html tag, let calibre create your TOC, and then use my tool to remove unwanted parts of move some.

I could easily add a Show all checkbox inside the add screen that will show even files that are already present And/Or a New option without a source, but I don't see why it would be of use. I think that is why neither calibre nor sigil is able to do this. I don't even know what it would do on some reader or if it is possible in the specs. I just want to be sure it is something that would be useful without having the tool be too complicated and less intuitive for all users.

Update : I have just tested Added an New Empty TOC Entry, but the calibre viewer seems to remove the entry with no source completely, and looking at the specs (http://www.niso.org/workrooms/daisy/...5.html#NCXElem) and it seems to be required. So it would not change anything because I guess most reader will either ignore it and remove it, or maybe crash. Maybe a duplicate would work for you?

Last edited by Nigol; 01-23-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Added Empty TOC Test Result
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote