View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
shakaote
shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.

Device: kindle touch
ACX, as requested...

As requested, here's some of what I know about acx files.

acx is a zip, unzip it and looks just like waf (maybe with more hooks into amazon's system than I've seen in waf examples. Of course, waf is pretty much html5 with extra js apis for amazon.

The signature looks like xmlsec, which I'm just getting into. Once I've got that work out, I can play for real. I suspect a nice thing to do for ourselves is to just sign index.html with a link to an unsigned js file, then in the js file load whatever else you want and don't bother with the signing anymore (at least for hacking) - I don't think there's anyway for the system to know that's happening, but we'll see.

There used to (5.1) be a reader_plugins.xml where you could I suppose add your own, but it's gone. So I'm going to hijack another plugin and go from there (don't need wikipedia lookups, for instance).

Gotta go. Will post more as I find it.

PS Anyone who's already fiddled with signing xml or even acx, pls hop in. It's not really the fun part... but it's needed to get things working.
shakaote is offline   Reply With Quote