View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #201
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Hello willus and other members of this forum.
I've recently bought my Kindle 4 black and I'm having a great time with it.
I found your great tool and converted several pdf with good results.
However, I have one pdf document which is driving me crazy.
Often page numbers end up in the middle of pages and I can't find a way to erase them.
I tried using -m option followed by 0.25,0.25,0.25,0.50 to cut more at the bottom but it didn't have a desired effect. I also tried to find an option to force pages to remain where they are in original document but it doesn't exist.
Could you have a look at it please.
Thank you.
You almost got it. If you use the command line, you do -mb 0.7 so that you cut off 0.7 inches at the bottom of each page, which is just enough to get rid of that pesky page number. If you use the interactive menu, you use option "m", and then type 0.25,0.25,0.25,0.7 (I should make -m on the command line work with a comma-separated list, too). Or, if you want the page numbers, use -bp (break pages) to break the destination page at the end of each source page, but k2pdfopt is still behaving strangely with your document--it leaves all of the vertical space between the page content and the page number, even when it should be compressing it. I'll look into that.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote