View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The old firmwares may only support regular SD, not SDHC.
This is indeed true, Socrates. Even after upgrading to v0.34b (it is not possible to upgrade in one step - see my post in the Firmware Update Instructions and the latest Firmware Versions sticky thread. When you finally get v0.35 installed, SDHC cards do work (in my machine, anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I've had both devices, but still recommend the Astak EZ-Reader Pro over all these!
Not only because it's lighter in weight, but also because it can be gotten much cheaper (at $50 at geeks.com), and and has 800x600 e-ink....
But what about its ghastly pink colour?

James - who has just ordered one to try despite the colour

And to make it quite clear - the problem was the blasted SDHC cards that earlier firmware doesn't read. All is now well and I shall not have to return the thing from England to the USA. Thanks to everyone who offered advice.

Last edited by James Bryant; 03-31-2012 at 06:34 PM.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote